Eichler Swim & Tennis Facility Rules
“For your safety and the safety of those around you.” – Management;
The Lifeguards are here to assist you in supervising the safety of your children. Infractions and incidents are reported.
- Members and guests must sign in when they enter the club.
- Glass is allowed only in the Club Room.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the locker rooms.
- As a courtesy, please dry off before entering the Club Room, the Kitchen, or the Club Room bathrooms.
- Children under the age of 14 may not be in the Club Room without an adult present.
- Respect the authority of the lifeguard on all safety matters.
- No pets, smoking, or weapons in the pool area or locker rooms.
- Glass allowed only in Club Room; infraction fines are up to $2,000
- Non-swimmers and children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Age Limit Trial of Lowering age limit from 12 to 10 begins September 2016. Swimmers under 12 must complete a Swim Test, Waiver and “One Strike, You’re Out”
Agreement. See Manager for more details.
- Walk while on the pool deck; no running.
Pool and Wading Pool
- Proper swimwear required.
- Weak swimmers and non-swimmers must have a parent in the water within arm’s reach, even with a flotation device.
- No excessive horseplay or wrestling; no standing on shoulders; no hanging on a swimmer who can’t stand.
- No eating, drinking, or chewing gum in the pool or the wading pool.
Members of guests may be asked by the lifeguard to demonstrate their swimming ability before entering deep water.
- Treat equipment with respect:
- Kick boards and buoys are for lap swimmers.
- Toys are not weapons
- One person per flotation device
- Do not hang on or sink the lane line
- Do not climb, hang onto, or sit on handrails, diving board, or pool cover rollers.
- The wading pool is reserved for children six years of age or under with adult supervision. The adult must be within arm’s reach of the child at all times.
- No diving in the shallow end.
- No back dives.
- Request permission to open the diving board from the lifeguard.
For safety purposes, all diving board rules must be strictly followed:
- One diver on the board at a time
- One bounce; jump straight out
- Swim immediately to the closest wall or ladder
- All swimmers in the diving well, including the previous diver, must be on the wall before starting your dive
- Starting blocks may only be used when supervised by an Eichler Swim Instructor.
- Lifeguards have the final authority on the use of lap lanes; please use your judgment.
- Adult lap swimmers have priority in the lap lanes, but may be required to share a lane
- Organized groups of younger lap-swimmers (3 or more) sharing a lane will not be removed if an adult is requesting a lane to himself/herself.
- Non-lap swimmers may use the lap lanes if more than one lap lane is empty.
- Swim instructors should be alerted when new lap swimmers arrive, so they may move out of the lap lanes.
- Report any issues of safety or comfort in the lap lanes to the lifeguard or manager.